Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Writing with Technology and Living with Technology (Part II)

This is a poetic expression - in words - illuminated through the visual presentation of the recitation and practice of the words. Powerful.






"Look at these crooked, crooked hands,
I actually use them for something.
It's hard to believe but they are able to type,
And I can draw and use a tablet with them,
even a mouse.

Here I go, I will type for you.
I will show you that I can type.

People are sometimes impressed that I can type.
Fast. Fast. So fast.
It comes naturally. I don't even think as I hit the keys.
Click. Click. Click. Clack.

Some people can't even type.
I'm grateful I can at least do this.

I often think when I look at myself in the mirror,
that it's amazing that I'm even alive.
A machine helps me take breaths.
An electric wheelchair to let me move around.
And here I am typing.
Communicating through a computer.
Making videos that can be seen anyone.
Anyone with the net.

It doesn't make any sense at times.

And I've come to sometimes not be impressed.
It's almost a crime not to be impressed.

But we're overwhelmed.
And the extraordinary becomes more ordinary.

I hope my hands have touched you,
through your eyes
to your heart."




Here is the video representation:

No comments: